OneLocal is committed to diversity, inclusion and accessibility in everything we do. These core values are fundamental to the way we do business and come through in the experiences we deliver to our clients.
With this in mind, we are continuously taking steps to improve onelocal.com and ensure it complies with the best practices and standards defined by Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level A and Level AA.
Our website is monitored and tested periodically by internal accessibility consultants. These people help us identify usability issues and discover new solutions to further improve the accessibility of our site.
Recommended Browsers and Assistive Technologies
We recommend using the following browser and assistive technology combinations:
- • JAWS with Google Chrome
- • Apple VoiceOver with Apple Safari
- • Android TalkBack with Google Chrome
Our Current Accessibility Features
- • Create a logical tab order, allowing users the ability to navigate a page by sections or skip repeated blocks of information.
- • Structural markup languages to indicate headings and lists to aid in page comprehension.
- • Keyboard accessibility: ensuring similar experiences for keyboard and mouse users.
- • Define the essential semantic structure of all pages.
- • Provide users enough time to read and use content.
- • Provide additional information & labels.
- • Provide texts to all hyperlinks to identify the purpose without needing additional context.
- • Provide descriptive headings & labels for any interactive component on the website.
Further accessibility efforts are underway. As we continue to improve our website, we will reflect any changes here within our accessibility statement. That way you’ll know about the progress we’re making. For more information visit Accessibility in Ontario.
Last updated: February 2, 2021